OptimalPad is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our posts, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A quiet alarm clock may seem to defeat the device’s intended purpose, but this is a distinction that people seek out. Quiet alarm clocks can be divided into two categories. The first are clocks that operate quietly all the time. The second type of quiet alarm clocks are devices that gently wake a person using innovative methods, instead of a sudden and jarring noise. Finding the right quiet alarm clock can be a challenge, but here are 12 contenders that may make it so much easier to fall asleep at night and wake up in the morning.
1. Seiko QHE083SLH
Enjoy the classic styling of a traditional alarm clock without any irritating or distracting operational noise with the Seiko QHE083SLH. The easy-to-read face features luminous hands and markers, making it easy to tell the time in low light.
This alarm clock features a sweep second hand and the entire device is completely quiet, so as to not distract or disrupt your sleep. The alarm sounds by beeping to gently wake you from sleep. The compact and battery operated design means the Seiko QHE083SLH is great to take on trips, but it also works well for everyday use.
View Seiko QHE083SLH on Amazon
2. Peakeep Ultra Small Silent Travel Alarm Clock
The Peakeep Ultra Small Silent Travel Alarm Clock features a distinguished mid-century modern look and comes in aquamarine, black, or white. The small design means this clock can tag along on the go, but it is also a great option for daily use. A built-in night-light provides a soft glow to illuminate the area.
The analog clock features a classic black clock face on a white background, making it easy to view and read. The silent sweep second hand eliminates any distracting noise. The alarm starts out with eight slow and soft beeps. The volume and speed of the beeps increase until the alarm is turned off.
View Peakeep Ultra Small Silent Travel Alarm Clock on Amazon
3. Tinload Silent Analog Alarm Clock
The sweep second hand of this Tinload Silent Analog Alarm Clock is silent for a peaceful and quiet bedroom. The quartz movement is accurate, and the dial is illuminated with the press of a button to easily display the time in a dark bedroom. The black case has a sleek and modern appearance.
Alarm On the Go
This compact alarm is easy to set and features a snooze button for added convenience. Powered by 3 AA batteries this alarm can easily be packed for trips, but it also makes a stunning addition to any night side table.
View Tinload Silent Analog Alarm Clock on Amazon
4. Bulova B1871 Silent Knight Alarm Clock
- EZ-read back-lit dial with on-demand night light
- Ascending alarm volume and six-minute snooze function
- Extended knobs make it easy to set
Drift off to sleep in silence with the Bulova B1871 Silent Knight Alarm Clock by your side. The quartz quiet sweep movement ensures for an accurate timepiece that does not tick. The quiet operation means this clock will not cause a distraction as you try to fall asleep. When it’s time to get up, the alarm features an ascending beep that gradually increases in volume and repetition.
The metal case bears a satin silver finish for a retro look. The luminous Arabic numerals stand out against the black dial, and the brushed silver hands clearly indicate the time. The compact size makes this alarm clock great for use during travel, and the shatterproof glass lens ensures the clock will hold up well in transit.
View Bulova B1871 Silent Knight Alarm Clock on Amazon
5. Peakeep Non-Ticking Silent Alarm Clock
- 【Adjustable Alarm Volume】A simple dial enables you to control the alarm volume to your preferred level. It’s a nice solution no matter for light sleepers or heavy sleepers. Whole clock size: 4...
- 【7 Alarm Sounds Options】This alarm clock will give you 7 options to wake to 5 well-known melodies, 1 bird chirp or a traditional beep alarm.
- 【User-friendly Nightlight】Press the large top bar in the night and the dial will light for easy viewing in the dark. You can also get the light when alarm is going off.
If you’re one of those people who get annoyed with the ticking of a clock, the Peakeep Non-Ticking Silent Alarm Clock is a product for you. Fall asleep with this non-ticking alarm clock and wake up with up to seven different wake-up sounds. It offers five well-known melodies, a soothing bird chirp, and one traditional alarm sound option. This little gadget allows you to regulate the loudness to a preferred level with its useful volume control feature, so you’ll be gently awakened if you prefer so.
The clock offers more! Rest your eyes with its user-friendly nightlight and hit the snooze button for those extra five minutes in bed. Last, but not least, if you purchase Peakeep Non-Ticking Alarm Clock, you’ll get three AA batteries with it and one-year unlimited warranty.
View Peakeep Non-Ticking Silent Alarm Clock on Amazon
6. OK to Wake!
- Adorable color-changing night-light teaches children to stay in bed longer so families get better sleep!
- 4.5" bedside clock with soft yellow night-light glows green when it's OK for your child to get out of bed
- Features an alarm clock with snooze, convenient nap timer, interchangeable faceplates, and fun animations that give it personality!
The OK to Wake! alarm clock and a night-light makes a whimsical addition to any nightstand. This versatile alarm clock pulls double-duty and functions as a night light, too. The carton-like clock glows yellow to stand in as a night-light, and when the alarm goes off, the entire device glows green and animations are displayed on the face. The clock is intended to teach children when it is okay to get out of bed. The fun design, quiet operation and glowing alarm make it a great option for people of any age.
Additional features include a countdown timer, so little ones can see how much is left to nap time, as well as interactive games to help children learn how to tell time.
View OK to Wake! on Amazon
7. Philips Hf3470 Wake-up Light
- Clinically proven light therapy lamp and alarm clock for improving your sleep, energy, and well being
- Note: Product uses AC power adapter (included)
- Tap to snooze alarm clock with speaker and beep function ensure you wake up on time; Use the light therapy lamp as a bedside reading lamp with 10 brightness settings
Wake up to the alarm of your choosing with the Philips Hf3470 Wake-up Light. Select from audible alarms, FM radio, or gently wake up to nature sounds. A silent light alarm is also available for sleepers who want a relaxing and soothing waking experience. The light gently glows and gradually increases in intensity to mimic the sun rising.
The wake-up light has a sleek and modern look. This alarm clock can also be used on a bedside lamp, making it very useful when space is limited.
View Philips Hf3470 Wake-up Light on Amazon
- Large Display with Full Range Dimmer: 6.6“ Large LCD screen with nice eye care number display. Time, date and temperature display. Almost full range brightness settable (6 levels + auto dim ), you...
- Advance autoset time : The alarm clock will set itself to right time, date and temperature immediately once plugged in. The long lasting button cell backup battery (installed ) will holds all settings...
- Auto DST and selectable time zone : Automatically adjusts to Daylight Savings Time while set the DST on .Seven USA time zone (EST/ CST/ MST/ PST/AST/HAT/AKT) and one newfoundland time zone NST...
Gently ease into waking up with the DreamSky. This clock features a traditional appearance with a round face that bears black markings on a white clock face. The sweep second hand is silent, so as to not be disruptive or distracting while you try to fall asleep.
Gently Wake Up
When the alarm goes off the DreamSky plays a soft melody that gently increases in volume. At the same time, the music is playing a blue light flashes to help wake a sleeper. When the alarm is turned off, a built-in recording wishes good morning to start your day right.
View DreamSky on Amazon
9. AMTOK Sunrise Alarm Clock
- ⏰【Smart Alarm Clock & Voice Control】With wifi connection, mobile APP control wake-up light. You can set 4 alarms, choose wake-up themes, select light intensity, and control your sounds and...
- ⏰【Sunrise Simulation Wakes You Gradually】Inspired by natural sunrise, Wake-up lighting starts red and gradually turns into a bright yellow with 20 Brightness within 10～60 minutes before your...
- ⏰【Considerate Snooze Function】Easily snooze by tapping the top of the light to turn off sound so you can doze 9 minutes. Save space with the USB port to power up mobile phones, tablets or...
The AMTOK Sunrise Alarm Clock gently wakes sleepers by glowing in a way reminiscent of a sunrise. A hand-blown tangerine glass top provides a gentle glow that adds warmth to space for a cozy wake up call.
Help Falling Asleep
Sunset mode can help you unwind and relax by reversing the process and gently dimming until the light completely fades away. Built-in white noise settings with a timer option create gentle background noise to help block out distracting sounds while falling asleep.
View AMTOK Sunrise Alarm Clock on Amazon
10. ShakeAwake ATC0833
- Pocket size travel alarm clock
- Selectable vibrating alarm or beep sound alarm
- Bright back-light for viewing at night
The vibrate option of the ShakeAwake ATC0833 makes it possible to wake up without a jarring noise and also wake up your partner. This compact alarm is a great option for people who are visually or hearing impaired. The compact design can comfortably be placed under a pillow, and the gentle vibrating motion will trigger a sleeper to wake up. The ShakeAwake ATC0833 also has an audible alarm option and can be used as a traditional alarm clock on a nightstand.
The backlit display makes it easy to view the time in low light conditions. The clock face also features a snooze indicator for added convenience and even displays the temperature.
View ShakeAwake ATC0833 on Amazon
- Silent Vibrating Alarm Won't Disturb Others
- Choice of Vibration or Audible Alarm
- Great for the Hard of Hearing
If you are looking a an alarm clock that wakes you up but does not disturb your partner consider the Shake-N-Wake. This alarm clock is a great solution for people with hearing issues given that it vibrates to wake up a sleeper. The compact alarm looks more like a watch than a traditional alarm clock. The alarm can be worn on the user’s wrist via the elastic band. Remove the band and place the compact alarm under the pillow, instead. When it’s time to get up the alarm vibrates. The vibrating motion gently and discretely wakes an individual.
The Shake-N-Wake feature an audible alarm option and a programmable hourly chime. The large display is easy to read, and the device is powered by 1 AAA battery (not included).
View Shake-N-Wake on Amazon
12. Sharp Vibrating Pillow Alarm Clock
- PILLOW ALARM CLOCK - Place under pillow to wake with vibration and/or beep alarm
- VIBRATE OR BEEP TO WAKE - Beep and/or vibrating alarm options - Use BOTH to enhance alarm function
- 2 TIME DISPLAYS - shows time AND alarm time for clarity
For a quiet wake up call, use the SHARP Pillow Personal Alarm Clock – Wake to Vibration or Beep! - Use on Nightstand or Under.... This vibrating alarm can be placed under a pillow and will wake you when it gently vibrates. A locking feature ensures the alarm is not unintentionally disabled during the night if the user accidentally hits any buttons while they toss and turn. This alarm clock can also be used on a nightstand and features an audible alarm option for versatile use. The blue backlit display clearly features the time and is easy to read.
Find the Best Alarm Clock
In order to find the right alarm clock for your purposes, figure out what you need. If the loud ticking of a second-hand makes it a challenge to fall asleep, a quiet operation clock is a right pick for you. Alarm clocks that gently wake you make for a more soothing start and help set the tone for your day. Vibrate and light settings create more options and ensure you can find the best alarm clock for your needs.
Last update on 2020-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API