OptimalPad is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our posts, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With wildfires raging in the western states, and COVID-19 still an existential thread in 2020, the importance of air purifiers has been highlighted. They are no longer optional, but a must.
Are you looking for a quiet air purifier for keeping your home clean? Or would you like to find an air purifier to replace your old noisy model in your home? Well, you have stopped at the right place.
Here, we have all you need to consider to make an informed decision regarding which quiet air purifier you will buy.
Read on to find how our 10 quiet air purifiers for keeping your home clean compare. You can then choose the best one for your home needs.
1. RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quite HEPA Air Purifier
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
This is a well built, inside and out air purifier that delivers simplicity and style for a clean home. It offers the ability to schedule the purification process, which most customers have fallen for in this unit.
Most customers found that once you lose power, this unit doesn’t hold onto the earlier settings. So, you have to reset it when the power is back.
This air purifier is top at eliminating different odors from your home. It is even able to eliminate kitchen smell, especially when you are cooking. It can run at high speed while you are cooking, leaving you with cleaner healthier air in your home.
- Ultra-quiet with a noise level ranging from 20.8 to 45.6dBA
- Durable filters
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of air purification
- 5 Year warranty
View RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quite HEPA Air Purifier on Amazon
2. Blueair Blue Pure 211+
- Advanced Swedish Design. Swedish Filter Technology Captures 99% of Airborne Pollutants Like Viruses, Pollen, Dust, Pet Dander, Mold, Bacteria and More
- Eliminates odors. Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more
- Colorful. Includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ is a trendy little air purifier. But, don’t be mistaken. This air purifier outperforms most other similarly priced or even high-end air purifiers. Most reviewers love how this purifier cleans and deodorizes their home.
A look at its air filters reveals that they look great too. Unsurprisingly, they work great too; so, don’t waste time researching anywhere. Grab yours, pay, and start breathing cleaner healthy air in the comfort of your living room now!
- Less energy of up to 60 watts on the highest fan speed
- Eliminates odors with activated carbon filters
- Quiet with a noise level of 31 dBA on lowest speed
- Swedish filter technology that captures 99% of airborne pollutants
View Blueair Blue Pure 211+ on Amazon
3. Alen Breathe Smart Classic Large Room Air Purifier
- BIG ROOMS? NO BIG DEAL: Cleans 1100 SqFt every 30 minutes 3x faster than our competitors. Designed to clean air in large spaces like living rooms, bedrooms, basements, apartments, and open concept...
- DUST AND ALLERGY FILTER: Recommended for dust, allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, and household odors. The True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles up to .3 microns leaving behind clean & fresh...
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent air quality, Orange = Fair air quality, Red = Poor air quality. On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more effectively...
Alen BreatheSmart Classic is your best go-to air purifier for large rooms because it comes with features that you can trust. It clears allergic and asthmatic causing properties to leave your living space clean and healthy. Other elements that it cleans include germs, dust, harsh odors, and other household odors.
Most reviewers love the fact that this unit is quiet. It comes with WhisperMax technology, which ensures that it operates at low noise levels. If you have a room covering up to 1,100 sq. feet, then this could be the right air purifier to buy.
- True HEPA filters that capture 99.97% of particles
- Quiet HEPA air purifiers with WhisperMax technology
- Smart sensor technology
View Alen Breathe Smart Classic Large Room Air Purifier on Amazon
4. Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier
- 3 part filtration system captures 99 percentage of common airborne pm 2.5 pollutants such as allergens, odors, smoke, mold spores, dust mites and pet dander
- Activated carbon filter removes common odors caused by smoke, pets, cooking, dorm room smells and gases (VOCs) as well as smoke caused by wildfires
- Washable pre-filter captures large particles such as dust and pet hair and can be changed to match any decor. Dark blue and grey pre-filters are included and other colors can be purchased separately
This nicely compact, round, and tall air purifiers are among the best for keeping your home clean. They are also quiet and ideal for any part of your home. It doesn’t matter where you want to put it, it will filter with ease to improve the quality of air in your home.
Some reviewers, however, dislike the fact that the touch switch is a bit insensitive, which means that it takes a couple of hits to turn on. The HEPA filters work by emitting a strange milky smelling odor that eliminates all kinds of odor. The strange milky smelling odor cleanses and purifies the air without adding anything.
- Advanced filters that ensure quiet operation with higher airflow
- Washable pre-filter that captures large particles
- Activated carbon filters eliminate common odors
- Three-part filtration system for up to 99% capturing of common airborne PM 2.5 pollutants
View Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier on Amazon
5. Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Air Purifier
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – The Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps to make the air you breathe cleaner. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), it helps capture up to 99.97% of...
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS & CERTAIN GERMS - This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels + Turbo Clean. It helps capture particles like pet dander, pollen, dust and smoke*. It reduces up to 99.9% of...
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easy...
This air purifier is one of the recommended in the market. It features true quiet HEPA filters that do an excellent job when it comes to air purification at home.
It is important to note, however, that the filters need regular cleaning to deliver the best air quality at your home. You can also replace the filters at reasonable prices. Most reviewers are happy that this unit maintains a quiet operation in the lower setting.
The Honeywell HPA300 is simple with a double filtration system. It features an extra-thick charcoal filter that is followed by an extra-thick HEPA filter. With the double filtration, you can be sure that the air that goes through at the end of the filtration process is of high-quality and odorless.
- R Certified True HEPA filters
- A+ Genuine Pre-Filter
- 3-air cleaning levels plus a turbo cleaning setting
View Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Air Purifier on Amazon
6. Winix AM90 Wi-Fi Air Purifier
- True HEPA filter captures 99. 97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0. 3 microns.
- Plasma wave technology safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors, and other pollutants at the molecular level. Wattage: 65W
- AHAM verified room size of 360 sq. Ft. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kid’s bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens. CADR (Dust / Pollen / Smoke): 233 / 240 / 230
The Winix AM90 is one of the quietest HEPA air purifiers that you can find in the market. It is almost undetectable, especially when at its lowest operation mode. The fact that you can’t even hear it makes it great for the bedroom environment.
When you switch it to Auto mode, it uses the light sensor to auto switch to sleep mode once the room is dark. You can set the fan to low speed for the quietest operation. The indicator LED will dim to cut the lighting up of your room.
Some reviewers love the fact that the LED indicator changes from blue to red to show high levels of contamination. On detection, the fan steps up to clean the air by increasing the speed for a few minutes.
- 4 stages of filtration
- Smart sensors and Auto Mode
- Filter replacement indicator
- Sleep mode
View Winix AM90 Wi-Fi Air Purifier on Amazon
7. Germ Guardian Air Purifier
- 3 in 1 air purifier for home: True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- Kills germs: UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- Traps allergens: Pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
The Germ Guardian is a near-silent air purifier on both levels one and two. Once you switch it on, you have to check to ensure it is on, especially when on level one. The higher level, however, is a bit noisier, but not anywhere near its competitors.
When it comes to cleaning and purifying the air, it performs well to leave your room with crisp and super clean air quality. It features HEPA air filters that capture even the smallest of particles in your home. These particles may include dust mites, pet dander, and pollen.
The UV-C light works to kill all the germs while the charcoal filter eliminates all the odors. The automatic shut-off option can be set to shut-off after purifying the air in your home to save on energy.
- UV-C light that kills airborne viruses and germs
- True HEPA air filters for excellent air purification
- 3-speed high-performance setting
- Carrying handle for convenient carrying around your home
View Germ Guardian Air Purifier on Amazon
8. VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier
- PREMIUM QUALITY - HEPA filter captures dust and allergens as tiny as .3 microns to remove household dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, bacteria, germs and PM2.5 particles. Ideal for anyone who...
- ELIMINATE ODORS - Premium activated carbon pre-filters remove odors from pets, smoking, cooking and more. Use activated charcoal nano-technology to provide fresh clean air throughout a large room.
- SUPERIOR VALUE - This complete air cleaner system includes a HEPA Filter along with 4 Precut Activated Carbon Pre-Filters. This complete set eliminates the need to cut, clean or vacuum pre-filters and...
VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier is one of the most reliable air purifiers you can have in your home. With this unit running in your home, you will always have crisp and clean air to breathe. Even the cooking odors that often emanate from your kitchen will be eliminated immediately.
It comes with 3-speed settings, and even the highest speed isn’t noisy at all. You can replace the HEPA filters once every six months, although the activated charcoal filters can be changed after a month or two.
Some reviewers liked the innovative sleek design because it blends with any of their home or office décor. As such, this air purifier is a perfect addition to a home or office space. You can even change it from a tower air purifier to a tabletop unit by removing the base.
- HEPA Filter and 4 Precut Activated Carbon Pre-Filters
- 3 – Stage fan speed ranging from ultra-quiet to turbo
- 100% ozone free
View VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier on Amazon
9. MOOKA True HEPA+ Air Purifier
- 6D Filtration System: Mooka GL-FS32 Air Purifier might just be the most versatile air purifier you have ever seen. Equipped with a pre-filter, an HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter, VOC...
- Air Purifier For Large Room: GL-FS32 is suitable to be installed in a room as large as 540ft²(50m²). That said, you can also use it in a much smaller room. In this case, it will clean the air more...
- Auto Mode & Sensor: Supported by a built-in smoke and odor sensor, this HEPA air purifier is also a smart odor eliminator. When set at auto mode(see manual), it can adjust the fan speed according to...
Mooka True HEPA+ Air Purifier is easy to get up and run out of the box. Once you power it on, you will find how powerful and quiet on the low setting this air purifier is. The power that this unit delivers, however, makes it perfect for cleaning and purifying the air in any living room.
Some reviewers love the fact that this air purifier has non-washable HEPA filters. As a result, they can clean them by wiping or vacuuming them. It also has an activated carbon filter that absorbs all sorts of odors from your home.
The operation of this air purifier is simple with the auto mode. It allows adjusting the fan speed based on the air quality of your space. If you light a cigarette or your cat pees on the carpet, it gears up automatically to remove the smoke and odor. It also comes with a remote controller, which makes the entire air purification process seamless.
- Multi-point purification system
- Auto mode and smart sensors
- Preconfigured sleep mode
- Remote control and built-in timer
View MOOKA True HEPA+ Air Purifier on Amazon
10. Honeywell HFD – 120 – Q QuietClean Oscillating Air Purifier
- OSCILLATING AIR PURIFIER: This air purifier circulates air & helps capture up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 2 microns such as smoke, dust, pollen, and pet dander from the air that passes...
- PERMANENT FILTERS: This tower air purifier features 3 cleaning levels, on/off oscillation control & washable permanent pre-filter & Clean filter. It's Energy Star-certified for energy efficiency.
- HONEYWELL QUALITY REPLACEMENT FILTERS: The included filter helps reduce odors and VOCs. Each air purifier's performance is tested as a system with the filters for best efficiency.
This Honeywell air purifier is a quiet air purifier with permanent filter. It is quieter than most of its competitors even on its highest setting.
The rotating fan comes in handy during the summer months when the temperatures are quite high. The fact that it has permanent filters means that it is not hard to clean. You just need to wash and put them back!
This oscillating air purifier filters and circulates air in your space in 5 times an hour. As such, you can breathe easy bearing in mind that the air in your home is of high quality because it is fresher and cleaner.
- 3 cleaning levels
- On/off oscillation control
- It is a quiet air purifier with permanent filter and HEPAClean filter
View Honeywell HFD – 120 – Q QuietClean Oscillating Air Purifier on Amazon
We hope that you have enjoyed this review on 10 quiet air purifiers for keeping your home clean. We also hope that with it, you will have an easier time finding a perfect air clean for your home needs. You can pick a quiet air purifier that comes either with a permanent filter or one with a filter type that is easy to replace. This way, you can be sure to get excellent air purification in your home. So, which one are you picking from the above 10 best quiet air purifiers for keeping your home clean?
Who makes the quietest air purifier?
With decibel levels as low as 20, there’s no question about it – the RabbitAir MinusA2 comes out on top as the quietest air purifier.
Which is better air humidifier or air purifier?
Air purifiers are not the same as air humidifiers. Air purifiers cleanse the air of dust, allergens, mold, pet hair and odors. Humidifiers add humidity to the air by releasing water vapor. This can help people with congestion or other issues.
An air purifier is better to clean the air in the home. A humidifier is better for those who need certain humidity levels to help with certain ailments.
Are air purifiers noisy?
Because air purifiers force air through filters, there is naturally some amount of noise from this function as well as the motor. That being said, there are some air purifiers that use technology to minimize the noise level.
Do air purifiers help you sleep?
Air purifiers may help you sleep if you were currently being kept awake by congestion caused by contaminants in the air.
In addition, some find air purifiers that are not super quiet actually act as a white noise machine.
Do air purifiers really work?
Some air purifiers work better than others, so be sure to do extensive research to find the best one. Air purifiers with HEPA filters should be considered first. Read reviews and do your research. Beware of mixed reports on the controversial Molekule air purifier.
What is the loudest air purifier?
The Vornado AC 550 seems to be the loudest air purifier, so we do not recommend this one unless you want the noise.
Last update on 2020-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API