OptimalPad is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our posts, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are you in search of a small gas grill that works like the big boys, but can fit into tight spaces?
Look no more; you can find all the best small gas grills on the market down below! From the number one choice for overall quality and performance down through the nine other picks that stand out for their convenient features and compact design, there is a perfect model to suit your needs.
Don’t let a small patio, balcony, yard, or deck cramp your grilling style. Get cooking with these impressive compact gas grills today!
1. Weber 46110001 Spirit E-210 Gas Grill
- Your purchase includes One Weber Spirit E-210 Liquid Propane Gas Grill. Cover is not included | Assembly required
- Grill dimensions: Lid Open – 63" H x 50" W x 32" D | Lid Closed – 45.5" H x 50" W x 24" D | Primary cooking area – 360 square inches | Warming rack area – 90 square inches | Total cooking area...
- Heavy-duty caster wheels for easily moving your grill on grass or a patio
The Weber 46110001 Spirit E-210 is the top pick in the best small gas grills category because it offers a large cooking area and a warming zone in a more compact two-burner size. Weber quality shines bright with the hefty build, high-gloss porcelain coating, and stainless steel accents that look great.
Reviewers appreciate the “sturdy side tables that can hold heavy plates of meat” and “the great sear the heat on the cast iron grates produce.” Users also note the easy roll and lock caster wheels, which make moving the grill a breeze.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Two burners with 26,500 BTU output
- 360-sq-inch cooking surface plus 90-sq-inch warming rack
- Front access grease catch pan
- Burner shields double as flavorizers to steam up drippings
- Built-in lid thermometer
The biggest issues noted by reviewers is the thermometer readings seem to be off a lot of the time.
View Weber 46110001 Spirit E-210 Gas Grill on Amazon
2. Char-Broil 463673519 Performance Series 2-Burner Gas Grill
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control.Cooking System:Convectional
Coming in a close second for best small propane grill is the Char-Broil 463673519 Performance Series that delivers the clean cabinet-style design that hides the propane tank and stores extra supplies, and two fold-down tables that save on space when not in use. The show’s star is the two powerful burners that evenly distribute heat over the ample cooking surface and keep food ready-to-serve on the additional warming rack.
Reviewers can’t get enough of the “huge porcelain-coated cast-iron grilling area and heavy-duty steel construction.” Users also note the “four caster wheels let you move the grill without tipping it and they lock in place!”
- High-grade steel construction with two fold-down shelves
- Two burners with 12,000 BTUs each
- 300-sq-inch cooking surface
- Four caster wheels that lock
- Electronic ignition system
The biggest problem reviewers mention is the difficulty of assembly that can take up to an hour.
View Char-Broil 463673519 Performance Series 2-Burner Gas Grill on Amazon
3. NOMADIQ Portable Propane Gas Grill
- ✅ TRULY COMPACT AND PORTABLE GAS GRILL TO TAKE ON-THE-GO - Weighing ONLY 12 pounds, the nomadiQ grills are easy to transport and can go anywhere: camp, tailgate, RV, boat, parks, hikes, boating,...
- ✅ 226 SQUARE INCH CERAMIC COATED NON-STICK GRATES - Boasting a huge cooking area, this portable propane grill has plenty of room to grill all your favorite foods, while distributing heat evenly and...
- ✅ ALMOST 10,000 BTU WITH DUAL BURNERS - With 2 separate grilling sides, each encompassing almost 5,000 BTU, this BBQ grill allows you to barbecue using only one side or both sides, while controlling...
When you’re looking for the most unusual small propane grill, this NOMADIQ Portable Gas Grill model (see more portable grills here) is what you need. The tabletop grill is lightweight, super small, and has a unique clamshell design that opens up in seconds to reveal a surprisingly large grilling surface.
“I can’t stop looking at it, using it, and showing it off!” is one reviewer’s happy statement. Other users rave about how “stable the base holds the grill while open and the impressive heat generation.”
- 226-sq-inch non-stick grilling area
- Two adjustable-heat triangle burners with 4,600 BTUs each
- Push-to-start ignition
- Grates are removable, dishwasher safe, and rust resistant
- Extremely portable (comes with carry strap!) for camping and tailgating
On the downside, users note the size may be too small for some needs considering the hit the grill takes on your budget.
View NOMADIQ Portable Propane Gas Grill on Amazon
4. MaxKare 2-in-1 Professional Propane Grill and Flat Top
- 【Strong Firepower & Easy Control】The grill has 20000 BTU heat output every hour by two burners, the griddle and grill can be heated in few minutes. The panel has one button and two knobs. The...
- 【Multiple Ways of Cooking & Big Cooking Area】The grill has a griddle and a grill, which means user can freely choose different dishes: boil, grill, fry. One grill can satisfy the user's multiple...
- 【Safer and Healthy BBQ】The grill equips with two split boards and a vent. The grease dripped during roasting may produce carcinogens. Meanwhile, the burnt parts are harmful to the body. The boards...
The MaxKare 2-in-1 Professional is an excellent compact gas grill that also includes an interchangeable griddle top that affords even more cooking convenience for breakfast foods or chopped veggies that can fall through open grates. Two adjustable burners and a solid lower cart with wheels increase value, yet the size is suitable for smaller spaces.
Reviewers mention “the convenience to cook on an open flame or the griddle” and the “quality design and build for such an affordable price.” (More affordable grills under $200 here.)
- 19,000 BTUs over two burners
- 190-sq-inch grilling surface plus griddle plate
- Two large side trays
- Easy to assemble
- Electronic ignition
On the downside, the overall grill size is small for some reviewers but is roomy enough to cook meals for two to three people at one time.
View MaxKare 2-in-1 Professional Propane Grill and Flat Top on Amazon
5. Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
- New (May of 2020) Porcelain Enamel Lid to eliminate any paint peeling or bubbling
- New easy to clean drop through residue removal system allows for grease to drop straight through to the residue tray
- Upgraded 22, 000 BTU/hr. dual zone burner system for direct and indirect grilling. 500F in just 5 minutes and temps up to 650F overall
The Fuego F21C-H Element holds its ground as one of the best small gas grills because it features professional-quality looks and performance. The round grill grate offers you easier access to adjust food, and the porcelain-enamel lid coating resists chipping and rust from weather exposure.
“The dual burners heat this grill fast!” is a recurring statement from reviewers along with how “I love the drop-through grease collection system” and “the compact size that fits perfectly on my balcony and looks awesome!”
- Two separate 11,000 BTU burners
- 346-sq-inch cast iron grilling grate
- Push-button ignition
- Hinged dome lid increases heat flow around food
- Easy assembly and portability on caster wheels
The one downfall from reviewers (aside from the cost) is when cooking fatty foods too much grease can collect and catch fire in the collection tray due to its location.
View Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill on Amazon
6. Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill
- Up to 20,000 BTUs of grilling power and 285 sq. in. of cooking area
- Now with 3 independently adjustable burners for enhanced temperature control
- Assembled Dimensions: 45.6” D x 19.5” W x 35” H | Weight: 52.58 lb
For one of the best small propane grill options that are also portable, check out this Coleman Roadtrip 285. The grill features three burners with controls to allow separate cooking-zone temps that heat the grate fast and evenly. The slim profile fits nicely in small spaces and folds flat and stood upright for compact storage.
Reviewers praise the “collapsible design that rolls like a dolly to any location and sets up fast,” and the “ability to have three heat zones so different foods can cook at the same time without burning.”
- 285-sq-inch cooking surface
- 20,000 BTUs over three independent-control burners
- Integrated lid thermometer and two side tables
- Folds flat for compact storage
- Push-button InstaStart ignition
On the downside, many reviewers wish the grill came ready to connect to a full-size propane tank instead of the disposable 1 lb. tank.
View Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill on Amazon
7. CUISINART CGG-888 Gas Grill 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top
- HEAT CONTROL: Two independently controlled burners provide a total of 30, 000 BTUs and allow you to control hot and cool zones on your griddle surface.
- GREASE MANAGEMENT: The over-sized 360 degree grease pan naturally funnels grease to the grease cup for easy clean up.
- COOKING VERSATILITY: The stainless steel lid with vent allows you to roast, steam, bake or smoke.
When you’re looking for quality compact gas grills, the CUISINART CGG-888 fits the bill for its compact round shape that fits in spaces where other grills can’t. The steel flat-top grill plate prevents food fall-through and grease flare-ups while getting hot enough to sear meats to lock in juices. Two burners with separate controls and vented lid increases cooking options. Side note: if you love this style, check out our top flat-top grills here.
Reviewers love how “this grill cooks large amounts of food but takes up such little space” and how “you can quickly and safely clean grease off the surface by pushing it in any direction.”
- 380-sq-inch grilling surface area
- 30,000 BTUs over two burners
- 360-degree access along with full-circle drip pan
- Vented lid allows you to roast, smoke, steam, or bake
- Fold-down prep table
On the downside, the grill is heavy and can be hard to move around and the grill top needs to be seasoned before use.
View CUISINART CGG-888 Gas Grill 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top on Amazon
8. Cuisinart CGG180 CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas Grill with VersaStand
- 160-SQUARE-INCH PORCELAIN ENAMELED COOKING GRATE: 160-square-inches of porcelain enameled grates give you a spacious cooking surface is able accommodate lots of food at one time while still...
- 5, 500 BTU BURNER: Features a 5, 500 BTU burner, a twist to start electric ignition and precision temperature gauge to give you the ultimate temperature control.
- COMPACT ENOUGH TO TAKE ANYWHERE: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and with stand. The grill weighs only 17 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies,...
What makes the Cuisinart CGG180 a prime choice for the best single burner gas grill is the compact and lightweight design that offers a powerful burner with a heat control knob. The grill comes complete with telescoping wide-stance legs that open to a comfortable grilling height. When you’re not using the grill, it can quickly collapse into a compact size for storage or travel without worrying you will lose parts.
Reviewers love “how fast the burner heats the large porcelain-coated grate so I can cook meals for up to four people” and that “I can grill now on my small patio!”
- Single 5,500 BTU burner with precision temperature control
- 160-sq-inch porcelain-enamel cooking surface
- Integrated legs telescope open, and lock securely
- Twist-start ignition
- Removable grease collection tray
On the downside, the plastic handle connections on the lid can eventually weaken from heat and the grill runs off a small disposable propane tank.
9. Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
- 430 stainless Steel body and lid construction and 304 stainless Steel grid construction
- Two 10,000 BTU burner design delivers the perfect amount of heat for grilling and searing
- Portable design features Folding legs and latching hood for easy carry
The Pit Boss Grills 75275 is another best small propane grill that can set on a tabletop for cooking, then tucks away neatly, so it’s not taking up precious space. Full-on stainless steel construction is durable and easy to clean, while the dual grates and burners offer more grilling control.
Reviewers appreciate the “intense heat it generates and built-in thermometer” and “the convenience of hooking up to a normal 20 lb. propane tank so I can cook for weeks.”
- Two 10,000 BTU burners
- 276-sq-inch cooking surface
- Includes 36″ LP hose attachment
- Compact, lightweight, and portable
- Push-and-turn ignition system
On the downside, reviewers note this grill gets very hot, which means it’s fantastic for quickly grilling up hot dogs and burgers or searing steaks and other meat, but hard to finesse for more delicate foods like veggies.
10. CUISINART CGG-608 Portable, Professional Gas Grill
- One 10,000 BTU Burner
- 176 Square Inch Cooking Surface
- Easy twist start ignition; Lid has built-in temperature gauge
Last on the list for being a best single burner gas grill; this Cuisinart CGG-608 is a stainless-steel, tabletop unit that is perfect for small living areas and to take camping, RVing, fishing, boating, or tailgating. The grill runs off a 1-pound disposable propane cylinder and blasts food with heat from its single 10,000 BTU burner.
Reviewers appreciate the “easy clean grates and built-in thermometer to track cooking” and how “it’s the perfect size to cook for two but can handle four or five.” Users also note there is a latch to lock the cover, so nothing bounces around during travel.
Key Features & Benefits:
- 184-sq-inch dishwasher-safe grill grate
- One 10,000 BTU burner with adjustable control know
- Twist-start ignition
- Lid latch for safe transport
- Lightweight and heats up fast
Reviewers want others to be aware that this little unit really cranks out the heat, so choose a different model if you want more cooking control.
View CUISINART CGG-608 Portable, Professional Gas Grill on Amazon
The best small gas grills bring the same features found in larger models and put them into a more compact design that works best for people with limited space to grill outdoors.
When you’re ready to buy, look no further than the top ten small propane grills above to find your perfect match! Check out our best portable grills if you want something more mobile.
Last update on 2020-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API